12 November 2011

..she's more than a sister..

Photo credit to Lee's Photography
My sweetie pie,

How time flies. It's been another 365 days since I wrote my first love letter for you. And it has been twice the 365 days I'm missing you. As I look back down the memory lane, I cannot helped but smile at how we were able to surmount life's enumerable storms.  You and me back to back, one strong shoulder for the one who's feeble. One's source of strength when the other is at verge of losing hope. If I can compare our relationship, we are like the opposite ends of a seesaw, and God is our lever. Your weight on the other end of the pole is not a burden for me just as mine was never to yours. There were times when God allowed us some downfalls. But that's why He created a seesaw with opposite poles so that when the other is down, the opposite would aid the other to meet halfway to a balance. And it is never impossible since God is at the center of it.

I am so humbled of how we emerged better souls after all the blows. On your 25th, there is nothing less I can wish for you. We have gone through way ahead of  the whips and cords of  life. Expect that it will occur once in a while. What's important is for us to use those scars to heal other's wounds. And expect that I will just be on the other end. I may not be so strong to lift you up everytime but never be afraid when you are down. Never lose nerve to undergo downfalls because that's what made us to what we are now and to where we will be in the future.You can always rest assured that I am just on the other end seeing you through, pulling you through, loving you all the way up and all the way down.

Someday, when the 365 days will turn to a 60th or the 70th times, I will still look forward that there will be you and me holding hand in hand in our golden wheelchair. We'll both watch our own family growing in love for others and most especially, serving and loving our Lord. If someone will ask if we are sisters, I will deny it. Because you are not just a sister. You are more than that to me.

I love you so much Robz, and I would not have chosen life any other way. Happy birthday my other pole!

Love,
Manang

No comments:

Post a Comment